Published by Lyn on 27 April 2016
I stayed at Chambre d’hôtes Les Epinettes when I cycled Mont St-Michel to the D-Day Beaches - here's what I thought of it.
This is a unique B&B that also has a studio/self-catering studio apartment option. It's in Beauvoir, a short hop from Mont St-Michel (about two kilometres) and a lot more affordable than staying up in the Mont preccinct area itself.
5 things we liked
1. The accommodation is flexible and caters for solo cyclists through to families; my 'suite' was palatial with a spare bed in my room and an adjoining twin room that combined could have comfortably slept 5 adults or 4 adults and 2 kids. There's also a self-catering studio/apartment.
2. Les Epinettes is an accredited Accueil Velo, with a shed for secure bike parking.
3. The B&B is homely in the old tradition of B&Bs – there are no posh soaps in the bathroom, but my room was immaculately clean, I got a key to the front door, and I was made to feel very welcome.
4. I was also sent on my way with a hearty breakfast of homemade bread and pikelets (and I packed some in my pannier, too, for roadside snacks).
5. It's also a good place to top up on souvenirs and French chic as the owner, Caroline, runs a gift boutique in the front room downstairs.
There is free wifi, though it was slow and patchy in the evening (much better in the morning). It's also a short walk from local restaurants.
Les Epinettes B&B and Boutique
8 bis Route du Mont Saint-Michel, 50170 Beauvoir (Manche, Normandy)