Get off the beaten track and stretch your legs on the roads north of the Canal de Garonne, south-east of Bordeaux.
Difficulty: Moderate – away from the canal there are 759m of climbing
A very scenic ride via Saint-Sulpice-de-Pommier, Castelviel, St-Laurent-du-Bois and Ste-Foy-la-Longue to the Garonne in Caudrot. Then along the Canal de la Garonne under the trees to La Réole and from there back towards Sauveterre.
You can download this route as a GPX file here.
Other relevant pages and rides:
- Sauveterrre loop ride
- Bordeaux to Saint-Emilion bike route
- Sauveterre to Monsegur bike route
- Sauveterre to Saint-Emilion via Castillon
- Canal de Garonne diversion loop
- Cycling the Garonne guidebook
- Circuit Coteaux de Garonne
- Lawrence of Arabia bike route
- Tour de Gironde bike route
- EuroVelo 3 bike route
- Circuit Vignes et Vergers en Duraquois
- Circuit du Duc de Lauzan
- Vignague River bike ride, south-east of Bordeaux
- Rauzan Castle bike ride