Download the full road book for cycling the Côte du Rhône vineyards in the Vaucluse area of Provence.
The official Côtes du Rhône bike route is designed to introduce you to the highlights of the Rhone Valley, one of France's premier wine regions.
The road book was written by Elodie, the cycling officer at the Vaucluse tourist board – one of the most knowledgeable people we've met when it comes to cycling in Provence.
The route takes in authentic Provençal villages, famous wine appellations, key Roman landmarks. You can also use the road book to arrange visits to local vineyards and to meet winemakers. There are also garlic, olive, truffle, lavender, melon, and strawberry producers on the route.
This official Rhone wine route crosses over with various other signposted routes on the Vaucluse cycling network – we've mapped some of the routes below with accommodation and bike hire. Just zoom in.
Related articles and routes
- Guided and self-guided rides in Provence
- See also the Via Rhona, which connects the Rhone Valley vineyards to Lyon and Geneva
- Overview of French wine routes that can be cycled
- Cycling in Provence overview
- Cycling the Alsace wine route
- Cycling the Minervois wine region
- Var bike route