A circular bike route from the banks of the Canal de Garonne at Tonneins.
Difficulty: Moderate (gains 740m over the 43km)
The Canal de Garonne section of the Canal 2 Mers is a popular bike route, but there are other lovely rides to be enjoyed in the Lot et Garonne area of SW France.
The circular Circuit Coteaux de Garonne starts from the banks of the Canal de Garonne at Tonneins and heads through farming fields and local villages. See also this Rembrandt route for another local circuit.
Download GPS of Circuit Coteaux de Garonne
Download PDF of route
Tonneins. Photo: Henry Salomé
Bike hire, tours and baggage support
You can use our bespoke service here to find the best local support for your ride. A limited number of local companies offer accommodation and/or self-guided tours off the main Canal de Garonne route – you can email me for ideas.
Other relevant bike routes and pages for this area
- Sauveterrre loop ride
- Bordeaux to Saint-Emilion bike route
- Sauveterre to Monsegur bike route
- Sauveterre to Saint-Emilion via Castillon
- Canal de Garonne diversion loop
- Cycling the Garonne guidebook
- Circuit Coteaux de Garonne
- Lawrence of Arabia bike route
- Tour de Gironde bike route
- EuroVelo 3 bike route
- Circuit Vignes et Vergers en Duraquois
- Circuit du Duc de Lauzan
- Vignague River bike ride, south-east of Bordeaux
- Rauzan Castle bike ride