Published by Lyn on 16 January 2018
Join us on our next Freewheeling France Social Rides Weekend to tackle the Ventoux. Eek! It'll be May 24-27, 2018. Eek again!
Our next Freewheeling France Social Rides Weekend will take us to the mighty Ventoux.
The weekend – like our weekends in the Pyrenees and Aveyron – is for mixed abilities. You don't need to be a racing cyclist or a club rider to join us (I'm neither) – but of course you're welcome to come if you are (and bring your clubmates!)
You will need a decent level of fitness and a bit of determination to tame the Ventoux, though I'm reliably informed that (almost) anyone can do it...
The Ventoux weekend is intended to be a social and affordable weekend for Freewheeling France readers. And you can ride at your own pace safe in the knowledge that it's probably not physically possible to be slower than me.
I'm running the Ventoux weekend in conjunction with John and Gerry at 44-5 Cycling Tours, who have probably lost count of how many times they've climbed the Giant of Provence. Which may or may not offer some consolation in the last 10km.
Read on or email me at [email protected] for more info.
What you need to know
When: Thursday, May 24 to Sunday, May 27, 2018.
Cost: €395 per person based on double or twin share
- 3 nights' B&B hotel accommodation in Mazan
- Evening 'welcome' meal on the Thursday
- Fully supported 'warm-up' ride on the Friday (approx 60km with 800m elevation)
- Fully supported Ventoux climb from Bedoin on the Saturday (22.7km, 1622m elevation)*
- Energy gels, bars and water for Ventoux
- Vehicle support and rescue service (not that we'll need it ...)
- Stacks of local advice from Gerry and John at 44-5 Cycling Tours
* Friday is our Ventoux backup day in case the weather forecast for Saturday looks dodgy.
What's not included
- Single rooms, airport/station transfers and bike hire all available for a surcharge
- Lunches - we'll get these ourselves on the road
- Evening meals on Friday and Saturday, as I figured we'd probably like to explore the town (and so people can eat according to their own budget).