Published by Lyn on 10 December 2018
Need help arranging your cycling holiday in France? If you need help finding the right tour or itinerary for you, bike hire or luggage transfers, then this page is for you.
This season I've been trialling some bespoke services to help you plan your French cycling holidays. I started off with Provence, Ventoux and Corsica – and now I'm expanding it to cover all regions of France.
That's because I'm getting more and enquiries from people out there who'd like a little bit of advice and support to help plan their cycling holidays.
How I can help you
Unfortunately I don't have the time to help everyone plan individual, completely independent trips (there are, after all, thousands of people using this website every day). So if you're after a completely independent, self-devised trip that's based around AirBnBs and Warmshowers stops, then this service probably isn't for you (though there is, of course, HEAPS of advice elsewhere on this website to help you plan your own trip).
This service is for people who need a little extra help in choosing the right guided or self-guided cycling holiday (or if you need a recommendation to match your ideas), and for people who need help with airport pickups, local guiding or other support services, bike hire, luggage transfers, specific accommodation recommendations from my Where to Stay list, car/van support, or other on-road support – just tell me what you need and I'll try and help (usually I will recommend a local partner who is an expert for your route or the region you are visiting).
In short: this is a bespoke service to match your cycle holiday requirements to reliable partners.
I'm working with a network of cycling companies across France who specialise in specific areas and regions: sunny Provence and Corsica, the quieter trails of Charente and Limousin, hidden Gers, the Aveyron and its gorge, northern Normandy and Brittany, the wonderful volcano routes of the Auvergne, the Alps, Pyrenees, the canals (Burgundy, the Midi, the Garonne, Nantes-Brest) and many more.
So if you send me your wishlist (see below), I'll match you up with a tour company or accommodation provider who can help you make the most of your time in France.
I can't promise I can help you out ALL of the time (some things like cross-France, one-way baggage transfer for a single rider over a long distance can be tricky AND expensive), but I'll do my best.
Just send the following info to email@example.com ...
Please note that I spend a lot of time helping cyclists with these enquiries.
If you are already talking to tour companies or researching other options, please include info on which companies you are already in contact with so we don't double up.
1. When do you want to cycle in France? Send me some rough dates (or precise dates if you have them).
2. Are you bringing your own wheels or do you need bike hire? Do you need panniers or other accessories?
3. Where do you want to go? Do you have any specific ideas or do you need help deciding?
4. Anything else on your wishlist? Just send it in! As much info as possible really helps - eg:
- Guided or unguided?
- How many in your group? Do you have kids?
- Any accommodation/budget preferences (3-star/4-star?)
- Do you need baggage transfer each day or are you happy to carry everything in panniers?
- Type of cycling? Hills? No hills? How far each day?
- Dietary request? Vegan? Vegetarian? Allergies?
- Are you looking for a fixed base or do you want to tour around? Etc etc